Back on August 25, 2006 we put together a hugely popular list of The Top 35 Real Estate Blogs, which continues to drive great traffic to those on it today.
What is astounding is how quickly sites are falling off the list!
Since its initial publication, the list has been trimmed down to twenty (20) blogs. We’ve removed sites from the list for several reasons:
- The blog was completely dead (9 blogs – 26%)
- The blog was rarely updated (5 blogs – 14%)
- The blog’s content was no longer what we’d deem amongst the tops. (1 blog – 3%)
The current list still contains many of the top real estate blogs, but many have changed focus, become overly corporate (focused only on that company), or just gone down in quality.
What does that tell you?
I think it says that we’re still an immature industry, and as time goes on, we’ll see which sites have the ability to sustain both quality content, purpose, and posting frequency. Blogging is not easy, and maintaining a top site is even tougher.
What do you think?
Looking Ahead to the Top Real Estate Blogs of the Future
We’re going to rebuild a new top real estate blogs list soon. Many of these sites will come from the current list (certainly not all of the 20 remaining, though), but I think we’ll be seeing a great new crop to join them.
Help Us By Suggesting Top Real Estate Blogs for our New List
Here are some criteria:
- They are updated with regular frequency (at least a few posts/week).
- Their content is completely unique, timely, and relevant
- They focus on real estate, and real estate related industries.
- The site is not your own. If your blog is good, others will share it. If you can’t help yourself, you’ll just reveal your selfish nature. Help others in the community by giving them some props!
Please leave comments below with your suggestions or send them to us on Twitter by using the following “Top #BiggerPockets Real Estate Blog Suggestion – URL HERE – @BiggerPockets“
We hope to announce the new list soon!