It’s no secret that life as a real estate entrepreneur is filled with ups and downs- it just comes with the territory. I’ve only been a full time real estate wholesaler for 3 years now, but I’ve definitely had my share of highs and lows during that time period.
There have been several times over the last 3 years that I’ve found myself in a serious real estate rut. Following are five strategies I have used to help pull me out of my rut and get me back on top of my game.
- Take a break from real estate: If you spend the majority of your days immersed in your investing business, try taking a day or two off (or more, if you can swing it), and just relax- no internet, no Blackberry, no real estate!
- Count Your blessings: When I’m in a rut, I find it helpful to write out a list of everything in my life that I am grateful for. Oftentimes it is all too easy to take for granted the blessings we have in our lives. Taking some time to write them down on paper can be a real eye opener, as well as a great source of inspiration.
- Do something that makes you happy: Whether it be a trip to the beach, a weekend of camping, or a weekend of doing nothing but lounging around the house watching your favorite movies- do something for yourself that makes you truly happy. Something that makes your heart sing.
- Immerse yourself in motivational books and/or movies: What inspires you? Are there any particular books or movies that really get you motivated? For me, the movie Rudy does it every single time. No kidding. Any time I find myself in a slump, I pop Rudy in the DVD player, and always wind up feeling ready to take on the world by the time the movie is over.
- Keep your eye on the prize- focus on your long-term goals: When I’m feeling burned out with my real estate business, I can always find motivation by focusing on what my life will look once I have accomplish my long term goals. I have a very clear vision in my head of what this will look like, and focusing on it creates a sense of urgency to get back on the horse and back in the real estate game.
While there’s no cure-all for getting yourself out of a real estate rut, implementing one or more of these ideas will surely get you headed in the right direction…