According to an article recently submitted by RISMedia, nearly 75% of online real estate marketing leads are lost by companies and professionals. Whether this means that interested prospects are being totally disregarded or receiving too slow of a response is beside the point.
Why on earth would anybody allow this unforgiveable lapse to happen you may ask? Well, I can think of several core reasons:
- When life gets busy, real estate marketing (and other cash producers) can oddly take a back seat
- Poor time management and lack of business building discipline
- Spending far too much time on learning different strategies and disregarding what is already working
- Delegating tasks to the wrong people
- And finally, not systematizing their efforts
Unless you are taking the time to set up the proper systems for follow up and relationship building, then you are completely wasting your money and efforts. I don’t know one person out there who is doing all this stuff for fun only. If you are, feel free to contact us for even more great real estate marketing opportunities to fulfill your fetish. ( :
Now, here’s the beauty of establishing a system for your follow up tasks. First of all, this is not something you will need to worry about or focus energies on every single day for it to function smoothly. Instead, you will be able to dominate that extra portion of business that nearly 50% of agents (see referenced post above) are overlooking.
Although it may require some extra work up front, here are a list of simple strategies you can follow and reap the benefits from for years to come:
- Email Campaigns: There are so many ways to become an effective email marketer. However, in its most basic form, this is one of the simplest real estate marketing methods for contacting and staying in touch with your leads. With some testing and tweaking, you can produce a series of initial emails that will lock customers in and make them feel like a person and not just a number.
Your top priority is to offer them high quality information that they can learn from throughout their buying or selling cycle. Prove to them that you are a trusted authority on a particular subject(s). Show them that you truly care, and maybe consider making your first email even more “personalized” by asking what it is they need throughout this process.
- Blogging: Based on PCMS Consulting’s research, over 70% of prospects will choose to work with those organizations that contact them first. Obviously, we live in a day and age of speed and efficiency. Therefore, you must learn how to address the needs of your audience.
Keeping an updated real estate blog is one of the most powerful strategies that you can use to stay at the forefront of your prospects’ minds. By offering quality videos, articles, news, surveys, contests, promotions, etc., you will be able to maintain a continual dialogue with people.
Take advantage of tools such as Facebook comments, social sharing, Disqus or other commenting systems. Be sure to send the links of these posts out to your email list every few days and also ask for feedback or ideas on other topics you can address.
- And yet even more juicy content…
So there ya have it folks! A few great tips and strategies you can use to start following up with your leads more consistently. Of course, we would love to hear your feedback as well as any other real estate marketing methods that may be working effectively for your business. Please feel free to share below.
Photo: Shane Adams