Commercial real estate is a powerful way to build and sustain wealth – yet is often feared or misunderstood by real estate investors. Luckily, on today’s podcast, we are excited to have a man who’s professional life is dedicated to teaching investors the ins and outs of commercial real estate investing, Frank Gallinelli. Frank is a best selling author, business owner, and real estate professor who definitely knows his stuff.
This interview contains some powerful key metrics, data, and tools you’ll need if you ever plan on investing in anything more than a single family home. This interview, like all of our BiggerPockets Podcasts, is full of real-world, actionable content without all the hype.
Read the Transcript
As of today, we are up to 73 Five Star Reviews! If you haven’t yet left us a review and want to help us out, please click here to leave a review in your iTunes player. Also – it also helps us out when you “subscribe” to the podcast in either your iTunes player or on your iPhone.
Listen to the Podcast on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes
(NOTE: The show isn’t showing up like it is in iTunes, but it is. Just subscribe and listen.)
Listen to the Podcast Here:
In This Week’s Podcast We’ll Explore:
- Why investors shouldn’t necessarily start with residential.
- When “Location, Location, Location” isn’t the most important.
- How to use “cap rates” with commercial properties.
- What a Triple Net Lease is and why it matters.
- How to use partners to finance investment properties.
- Lowering your tax assessment by challenging an assessor.
- Why chasing the “hot market” isn’t the way to build wealth.
- Why every commercial property is for sale
Links from the Show
- Frank’s LinkedIn Account
- Frank’s BiggerPockets Profile
- RealData.com BiggerPockets Company Profile
- BiggerPockets Summit
- “When choosing your real estate path, there’s not a “right” answer – but a “best answer” for each person” Tweet This!
- “You don’t buy an income property cause it’s pretty; you buy it because it makes money.” Tweet This!
- “There are no absolutes in anything – especially real estate.” Tweet This!
- “As a real estate investor, become an expert in your local area.” Tweet This!
- “Know the vocabulary of your business.” Tweet This!
- “There is no substitute for Due Diligence.” Tweet This!
Books Mentioned in the Podcast
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
- Mastering Real Estate Investment: Examples, Metrics And Case Studies by Frank Gallinelli
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
- Insider Secrets to Financing Your Real Estate Investments: What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Finding and Financing Your Next Deal by Frank Gallinelli
- 10 Commandments for Real Estate Investors by Frank Gallinelli – Download It Free!
Frank Gallinelli is a best selling author and the President of RealData Inc, a software firm serving real estate investors and developers since 1982. Frank’s company is designed to help income-property investors analyze investment properties, structure partnerships, and produce presentations to buyers, sellers, lenders and equity partners.
(In case you missed the link, click below to listen to the show!)