Creativity and real estate go together like peanut butter and jelly – but for many investors, learning how to get creative can be tough. So today, on the 14th episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with real estate investor Ben Leybovich to discuss buying property with 100% financing, the importance of cash flow (and how to get it,) overcoming obstacles that inevitable will rise, plus a whole lot more. Ben’s inspirational story, involving his battle with multiple sclerosis, will teach you the importance of creating passive income through real estate because you never know what the future will hold. Learn how Ben turned this tragic, life-changing news into motivation to create a successful real estate investing business. You’ll definitely want to take notes during this one!
Read the Transcript
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- The shocking medical event that completely changed Ben’s life
- The three kinds of income … and which you need
- How Ben chose his real estate investing strategy
- The message about “flipping” that seems to escape most
- How to get started with no money at all
- Ben’s top tips for landlords
- A reasonable benchmark for cashflow… how much per unit per month.
- Why 100% of the purchase price isn’t 100% of the leverage/equity.
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in the Show:
How I Turned $1,000 into Five Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time by William Nickerson
ABC’s of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy’s
Successful people march toward the blazing guns. (Tweet This!)
Find fertile ground where the stampede hasn’t occurred yet. (Tweet This!)
I’m in real estate for one reason and one reason only: stable passive income. (Tweet This!)
Get good at solving people’s problems – you’ll do well in life.(Tweet This!)
Successful people refuse to fail. (Tweet This!)
To achieve extraordinary results we have to take extraordinary actions. (Tweet This!)