Several weeks ago on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we spoke with Leon Yang about using seller financing to buy properties. Today we are going to look at the opposite side of that transaction and discuss ways you can invest in real estate by utilizing seller financing (or “land contracts”) to sell. Our discussion today with real estate investor Clay Huber is chalked full of a lot of great advice for utilizing this strategy, as well as a variety of tips for those who are just getting started or for those who are just looking for another tool to add to their investor toolbox.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- The “accidental flip” that got Clay into Real Estate… and why he changed strategies
- How to use seller financing to invest in real estate,
- When not to use seller financing
- Dealing with the dreaded Due on Sale clause,
- Should you get your real estate license?
- Using a full time job to accelerate your investing
- The members you should have on your team
- How Clay finances his deals
- The four items to include in your Marketing Packet to attract private money
- Overcoming the “Bus” question… what happens if you get hit by a bus!?
- How to get training for pennies on the dollar
Books Mentioned in the Show:
Inspecting a House (For Pros By Pros) by Rex Cauldwell
Links from the Show:
BP Podcast 015: From $80k in Credit Card Debt to 100+ Deals with Glenn and Amber Schworm
How to Raise Private Money Anytime, Anywhere. Even Over Chicken Wings!
A Great Real Estate Investing Resource that Cost a Penny
“The best business model is to simply have a sugar-momma!” (Tweet This!)
“If you buy something for retail value you are at the mercy of the market.” (Tweet This!)
“Your first step in any venture is to define your goal.” (Tweet This!)
“Make sure your spouse is 100% on board with your goals.” (Tweet This!)