I can’t say the exact history of various types of real estate investing methods, but I am confident in saying they didn’t all show up at the same time. We have the basics: flipping houses, rental properties, and commercial real estate. Then, somewhere along the lines, we started getting into things like note investing, tax liens, REITs, syndications, and even for rental properties, turnkeys. How did these things start and then evolve over time? The biggest question, how did the invention of the internet change things?
The 20 Best Books for Aspiring Real Estate Investors!
Here at BiggerPockets, we believe that self-education is one of the most critical parts of long-term success, in business and in life, of course. This list, compiled by the real estate experts at BiggerPockets, contains 20 of the best books to help you jumpstart your real estate career.
The Future of REI
Real estate investing is interesting because every method essentially works from one of few standard principles. Those principles (such as charging interest, renting to tenants, improving values, etc.) are not going to change. Or are they? More than the fundamentals changing though is how will we work with those changes? I have no idea. In some regard there is a lot of room for change in how real estate investing works, but in other regard it seems like maybe there isn’t.
What do you think? I want to hear from you. Think of a few different questions, or make up your own, and give us your thoughts on whichever ones you come up with answers for.
- What is different about how you invest, or how you pursue investing, now than before the internet?
- What aspects of real estate investing need improvement enough that it may warrant a change for the future?
- What new methods of investing can you see evolving?
- What existing methods might go away?
- Any new difficulties you see coming with the current progression in technology?
- If time travel becomes a real thing, will it completely abolish real estate investing?
Comment below! I am excited to discuss…