Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we are excited to welcome back Brian Burke, who we last talked to back in episode number 3. Brian is the owner of a large, successful real estate company headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA. Last time we sat down with Brian, he showed us how he got started investing in real estate, walking us through his first steps. On today’s show Brian goes deeper, sharing the details of how he scaled his real estate business from a one-man operation to fully staffed multi-million dollar company! This show goes into incredible detail (and offering highly actionable steps) on how to bootstrap your business, how to vet employees, how to gauge your market and much much more! If you are looking to turn your investing company into more than just a hobby… this show is for you!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- How to grow your business from a 1-man business to a full scale operation
- How to prepare for legal issues as an investor
- When is the right time to grow your team?
- How do you find good players for your team?
- When is it time to use property management?
- The importance of growing organically… and we’re not talking about vegetables!
- How to track your deal history in order to raise money
- What bootstrapping your real estate business really looks like
- How to find a mentor
- What BiggerPockets has to offer experienced real estate investors (Brian made over $400K net from using BP!)
- and much, much more!
- BiggerPockets Podcast 003: Getting Started in Real Estate and Raising Money with Brian Burke
- How to Build a Shed in 7 Simple Steps (Yes, That’s Me – On the Roof!)
- Investment Calculators
Books Mentioned in the Show
“If you haven’t been sued, you haven’t been in business long enough.” (Tweet This!)
“You say the early bird get’s the worm, I say the 2nd mouse get’s the cheese… ” (Tweet This!)
“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” (Tweet This!)