Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we are excited to sit down with a Jonna Weber, a buy-and-hold investor and real estate agent out of the Boise, ID area.
Jonna is a great example of how anybody can and should invest in real estate! In our conversation, we cover a lot of ground on how to use real estate for retirement and why real estate is a better avenue than the stock market. We also cover why an investor might want to become a real estate agent, how to find investor-friendly agents, what to look for when purchasing an investment property and much much more!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover…
- How anyone can invest in real estate
- Why would an investor become an agent in the first place?
- The importance of running the numbers with someone else
- Why investors are the best clients for an agent to have
- The hardest part of being a landlord
- How to get longer leases out of your tenants
- How to use BiggerPockets as a resource to manage your own properties
- Creating an “in-house” property management company for only your own properties
- Financing how-to’s
- Using cash flow to build cash reserves
- Real estate vs. the stock market
- Investing in real estate for retirement
- How to be safe as an investor and agent
- What to check for during your due diligence process
- On market deals vs. off market deals
- How to find an investor-friendly agent
- And a TON more!
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- BP Podcast 006: Investing While Holding a Full Time Job with Arthur Garcia
- Landlord on Autopilot by Mike Butler
- The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors
- BiggerPockets’ Keyword Alerts
- The BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- The BiggerPocket’s Weekly Webinar
Books Mentioned in the Show:
“Managing your own properties is short term pain for a long term goal.” (Tweet This!)
“It’s not an emergency unless it’s ACTUALLY an emergency.” (Tweet This!)
“If you can run your numbers with someone else, it will help you avoid the shinny object syndrome.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jonna:
- Jonna’s BiggerPocket Profile