Looking to be inspired?
Today on The BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down and chat with Engelo Rumora, a real estate investor with a fascinating story that involved dropping out of high school, playing professional soccer, and building up a massive real estate investment business across two continents! Don’t miss this incredible interview where we cover numerous topics ranging from getting started, flipping houses, networking with potential lenders, finding (and working with) mentors, running a growing business at a young age, and a lot more!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast guest on today’s show: 99Designs.com. 99Designs is an awesome design service that will help your business look more professional, by crowd sourcing business cards, website designs, and more (for an incredibly reasonable price!).
Get a $99 Power Pack FREE by visiting 99designs.com/biggerpockets! So definitely check ’em out!
Links from the Show:
In This Show We Cover:
- How Engelo got his start in Real Estate Investment
- The challenges of jumping in without formal education
- Valuable tips on effective networking
- The varied & diverse deals Engelo has made in his career so far
- Why he decided to move from Australia to the US
- Details on his first deal (and why he almost got killed because of it!)
- The 3 essential traits every investment partner should have
- How to avoid shady operators
- Tips on how to find the most promising properties
- How Engelo and his team finance their deals
- The keys to managing a business from a young age
- What he’s learned about building a brand and marketing a business
- Engelo’s vision for the future of his company
- And so much more!
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
“Formal education will you earn you a living, while personal development will give you a lifestyle.” (Tweet This!)
“Many people are school smart, but life-dumb.” (Tweet This!)
“No matter how many times you get hit, you just got to pick yourself up and keep going.” (Tweet This!)
“Passion definitely inspires passion.” (Tweet This!)