Real estate investing has the power to change your life. Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we chat with an investor who’s tried his hand at everything from house flipping to new construction — and much more! Our guest Todd Whiddon shares with us how he is building a massively successful business while still making big plans to achieve the life of his dreams. Listen for tips on how Todd has handled failure and come out the other side stronger for it, as well as his input on successfully building a solid team and managing a business.
Whatever avenue of real estate investing you’re focusing on, don’t miss out on this episode! It’s sure to leave you inspired and motivated to take your investing to exciting new places.
Read the Transcript
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: YellowLetters.com. YellowLetters is a full service marketing company that helps hundreds of BiggerPockets members find more deals and make more money.
Learn more by visiting YellowLetters.com.
In This Show We Cover:
- How Todd got started in real estate after the collapse of this multimillion dollar company.
- The story of his “two starts” in real estate
- Flipping property after the crash
- The ins and outs of Todd’s “live and flip” strategy
- Why you might want to run a real estate business like a cabinet business
- Tips for building a top notch team
- How to successfully manage a business
- Problems Todd has faced in his real estate career
- The huge flooring mistake Todd made when he started flipping houses
- The details of how tax sales work
- Lessons on performing due diligence on a property
- How to transact a business the right way
- Plus MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
- BiggerPockets’ Files
- Diary of a New Construction Project
- Global Leadership Organization
- BiggerPocket’s Flipping Book
- BiggerPocket’s Support (email)
- Diary of a POP TOP Second Story Addition Project – Todd’s Amazin BP Forum Thread
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties by J. Scott
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The E-Myth : Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen