Many new investors lose money on their first, second, and third deal. There is a steep learning curve when trying to invest in real estate and, while the loss is painful, it’s very common. However, not for today’s guest. Today we sit down with Jonathan Makovsky, a new investor from the tri-state area who had incredible success right out of the gate!
If you are a new investor trying to find the right way to get started or if you’ve been investing for years but want to improve your game – don’t miss this impressive interview with Jonathan!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Show We Cover:
- How Jonathan got started with a push from mom
- Tips on taking advice to best push your business forward
- Exactly how many houses Jonathan looked at per day in search of a deal
- The benefits of having a real estate license
- The lessons to be learned by failing on your first deals
- How to use direct mail for marketing
- The details of Jonathan’s first property, purchased for $150,000
- How to find a partner through BiggerPockets
- What exactly “racer math” is
- The pros and cons of letters and postcards
- Jonathan’s experiences with office building
- How to make a partnership work
- Tips on using BiggerPockets as a tool for success
- Plus MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
- BiggerPockets’ Plus and Pro
- BiggerPockets’ Wholesaling Calculator
- BiggerPockets’ Podcast Show 106
- BiggerPockets’ Podcast Show 92
- 7 Years to 7 Figure Wealth
- BiggerPocket’s Events and Happenings
- The Wall Street Journal
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The Book on Flipping Houses by Mr. J Scott
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie