Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we’re excited to bring you another fantastic interview by one of the most successful real estate authors in America.
Jay Papasan is best known to this audience as the co-author of The Millionaire Real Estate Investor (co-written with Gary Keller) which has been our top-recommended real estate book here from BiggerPockets Podcast guests. He also co-authored The Millionaire Real Estate Agent and collaborated on the best selling book FLIP and HOLD. Most recently, Jay is the co-author of The One Thing, which Brandon recently featured as the number one book on his list of the business books that changed his life in 2014.
Jay is also a savvy real estate investor, and he shares his incredible story and strategy with us today!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: LandlordStation. LandlordStation provides online tools to small and midsize property managers or landlords throughout the US.
Learn more by visiting: LandlordStation.com and enter the coupon code biggerpockets
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Jay got started writing real estate books
- Why real estate agents don’t invest themselves
- How to adopt an investor mindset
- The habits real estate investors hold
- How to do the math when looking at properties
- Insight into The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
- Clever methods for finding deals
- What you should know about “The Domino Effect“
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show:
- BiggerPockets T-shirt
- BiggerPockets Tools for Analysis
- BiggerPockets Podcast Show 105 with Ophelia Nicholson
- BiggerPocket’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It’s Not About the Money…It’s About Being the Best You Can Be! by Gary Keller
- The Book on Flipping Houses by Mr. J Scott
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach
- Body for Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength by Bill Phillips
- Go For the Goal by Mia Hamm
- Rich Habits – The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals by Thomas C. Corley
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Managing Oneself by Peter Ferdinand Drucker
- “Start looking at the world as an opportunity.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every house is a surprise.” (Tweet This!)
- “I’d always rather miss 5 or 6 good ones rather than buy one bad one.” (Tweet This!)
- “I’d rather have fewer roofs to manage but have more net worth and cash flow over time.” (Tweet This!)
- “Achievers have a clear sense of priority.” (Tweet This!)
- “Action is how you make progress in life.” (Tweet This!)
- “If I just teach him one thing, where do I begin that has the most impactful way for me to line up my life?” (Tweet This!)
- “You figure out what your focus should be and act that way all the time.” (Tweet This!)
- “The best way to learn something is to teach it.” (Tweet This!)
For you to share on your Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter — or just hang ‘em on your wall!