The links to third-party products and services on this page are affiliate links, meaning that BiggerPockets may earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you click through and make a purchase.
Have you ever been on vacation and thought, it sure would be nice to own some property down here? Well, that’s the subject of today’s podcast, as we speak with vacation rental property owner Scott Sutherland about how he’s built a profitable business owning and managing his vacation rental properties.
You’ll learn the step by step process for finding potential properties and analyzing them for profitability, as well as financing ideas and tips on managing the short-term renters. Whether you’re already in this real estate niche or you want to get your foot in the door, we’re confident you’ll get some new insight here. Don’t miss this exciting episode!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Scott got started in real estate investing
- His story of taking time off
- Thoughts on choosing between stocks and real estate
- The concept of control in real estate
- How to get into the niche of vacation rentals
- Strategies for properties that don’t typically cash flow
- What exactly a vacation rental entails
- The ins and outs of vacation rentals, including pros and cons
- How to market your rental property
- What you should know about tenant screening on vacation rentals
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show:
- Trivia Email
- Brandon’s Forum Post on Vacation Rentals
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Evicting Renter from a Vacation Rental Property
- BiggerPocket’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down