On this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, learn what it took for Nasar Elarabi to quit his dead-end job and become a full time wholesaler, flipper, and landlord. Tune in for discussions covering how he funds his deals, what makes him a better landlord, and why he’s tried his hand at many avenues of real estate. In this not only informative, but also wildly entertaining episode, Nasar shares his tales of success and the failures that helped him learn — including the first flip he ever undertook (that turned out to be disastrous).
This show is packed with a heavy dose of motivation and miles of actionable content, so don’t waste another minute. Just hit “play!”
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By:
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Nasar got into real estate
- The story of how he got it all wrong with his first flip
- What he learned from those mistakes
- How he shifted to buy & hold properties
- What you should know about debt to income ratios
- How Nasar funds his deals
- How he became “too stupid to quit“
- Why he shifted once again to wholesaling
- What makes him a better landlord now
- Interesting information on owner financing
- How to know when to quit your job
- The ins and outs of achieving a “slam dunk deal“
- The importance of working with the right people
- What exactly code enforcement leads and delinquent tax leads are
- What makes him different from other investors
- And SO much more.
Links from the Show:
- BiggerPockets Forums: Success Stories
- Forum Thread about the Danger of Wholesaling
- Is Real Estate Wholesaling Illegal?
- BiggerPockets Webinar Replay
- Agent’s Guide
- BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- BiggerPockets Podcast Show 100
- BiggerPockets’ Facebook
- BiggerPockets’ Twitter
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine Step Plan for Success by Stedman Graham
- “Slow down and learn to focus on that one thing that you want.” (Tweet This!)
- “Just because you own four houses does not make you a real estate expert.” (Tweet This!)
- “Sometimes you’ve got to jump off the roof and get your wings on your way down.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’re going to learn more doing it than reading a book.” (Tweet This!)