What if you could sit down with one of the best-selling business authors of all time and pick their brain? Lucky for you, that’s exactly what you get to do today here on the BiggerPockets Podcast where we interview Michael Gerber, author of The E-Myth Revisited. The E-Myth has been one of the most-frequently mentioned books from past guests on this Podcast, so we just had to sit down with Michael to talk about what makes some investors successful and other’s struggle continuously! Hint: It’s all about the system. Stay tuned!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here:
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Michael Gerber is
- How he got to where he is now
- Lessons that he learned early in life
- What exactly the “E-Myth” is
- The primary reason why businesses fail
- Working on your business vs. working in your business
- “Turnkey-ing” a business
- How to invent and implement a system
- One tip for a storage unit operator
- The four personalities in every business
- How to get a mentor
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets’ Instagram
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Get Things Done with David Allen (podcast)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- The Book on Investing with No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Marketing for Business Growth by Theodore Levitt
- “Every small business is a school.” (Tweet This!)
- “Don’t get into something unless you’re changing the world.” (Tweet This!)
- “Passion is insufficient; persistence and dedication are absolutely critical.” (Tweet This!)