Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we are excited to bring back Brie Schmidt, a real estate investor from the Chicago market who has absolutely DOMINATED her goals over the past twelve months. Last time we talked with Brie, she had just quit her job to pursue real estate full-time. Today you’ll learn about the impact that decision made on her life and how she’s been able to reach her financial goal in just twelve months, buying more than fifty new rental property units in that time! Be prepared to be blown away and inspired to do the same!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Brie is and how she quit her job and went full time since the last show
- The 3 catalysts that drove her to become a full time investor
- How to incentivize in-house property management
- Tips for making tenants happy
- The story behind 50 units in one year
- What kind of tenants she is looking for
- How Brie handled her first eviction
- What kind of properties she is investing in
- Her average cost per door
- The details of buying multiple units at a time and concerns you face with it
- The mindset behind buying 50 units in a year
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- Quitting Your Job, Buy & Hold Investing, and Succeeding With High-End Rentals with Brie Schmidt
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Investing in Foreclosures, Quitting Your Job, and Getting More Than 10 Loans with Anca Rader
- How I Found, Analyzed, and Bought an Ugly Purple Rental Property
- BiggerPockets Marketplace
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- “You bring up the level of the property to attract the kind of tenant that you want.” (Tweet This!)
- “Property management could make or break your business.” (Tweet This!)