Having trouble finding good deals? You won’t after this inspiring episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast! Today we bring you an interview with Shawn Holsapple, a real estate investor who is dominating his market, having done over 300 transactions in just the past several years. You’ll learn how Shawn is finding consistent deals and opportunities to keep his deal pipeline flowing!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Shawn got started investing out of the country
- The certain book and seminar that spurred him to begin
- How to overcome analysis paralysis
- Where he gets his active income
- What wholesaling and “wholetailing” are
- How many deals he is doing
- What his team consists of and how he maximizes the use of a VA
- How to best take advantage of HUDs and the MLS
- Tips for knowing what to offer when making a deal
- How Shawn uses online auctions
- How to figure out the cost of a fix up
- Shawn’s take on getting a real estate license
- What you should know about building your portfolio
- Why Shawn believes you don’t necessarily need a cash buyer’s list
- A glimpse into how he manages his business
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Brandon’s Disney’s video (on his Facebook)
- BiggerPockets SubForums
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Hudson and Marshall
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BiggerPockets #AskBP
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The Book on Flipping Houses by J. Scott
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- “You flip for quick cash so that you can buy the buy and holds.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you can’t sell your deal, then you don’t have a deal.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you’re not falling down and getting hurt then you are not trying hard enough.” (Tweet This!)