On this episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with an investor who’s also a Grammy-nominated musician! Jeremy Jones has been acquiring rental properties in the Seattle metro area for several years, focusing primarily on multifamily investments and supplying him with a stream of passive income. You’ll love both his tactics and mindset and will walk away from this interview with numerous actionable ideas to help take your business to new heights. Enjoy!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor MileIQ.
MileIQ is an automatic mileage tracker that tracks the miles you drive for business. By using smart drive-detection technology, MileIQ automatically logs your drives and calculates their value – automatically creating a mileage log that’s compliant with IRS guidelines.
Try it for free today by texting POCKETS to 31996.
In This Episode We Cover:
- A little bit about Jeremy and how he started
- How he got into real estate by chance through his music career
- How to maximize your income by renting by the room
- His first non owner-occupied rental
- What you should know about buying foreclosures
- The BRRRR Strategy and how to use it
- Advice on having a “long term flip“
- A discussion about hard money
- The importance of having exit strategies in mind ahead of time
- The topic of refinancing
- How to develop a criteria for purchasing houses
- How exactly banks and loans work
- REO vs. foreclosure auctions
- How Jeremy uses seller financing
- Where he buys properties and why he keeps them close to home
- How he manages his property and finds great contractors
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Interested in becoming a guest on the BiggerPockets Podcast? Click Here
- Building a Rental Portfolio Through “Long-Term” Flips
- BiggerPockets Forums
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
- The Law of Success by Paramahansa Yogananda
- “If you have comps in mind, you can increase your confidence.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jeremy
Jeremy’s Harmonium Performance: