Finding deals can be tough in today’s real estate market, but one technique that works in every market is word of mouth marketing! In today’s show, Enrique Jevons shares his story of quitting a 21-year career to become his own boss and build a real estate empire. You’ll learn about finding deals, managing properties, getting your real estate license, and so much more!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Enrique got into real estate coming from the hotel industry
- How signing checks for the owner opened his mind
- The importance of buying properties at the right time and right price point
- How be obtained a 13-unit apartment complex as his first property
- What you should know about choosing between multi- and single-families
- How he found his first property despite being a newbie
- How to use a HELOC for investing
- His current portfolio of over 100 units
- Enrique’s experience managing 500+ units with his property management company
- How he became the “guy that closes deals”
- How to get leads through word of mouth marketing
- Where Enrique finds deals
- Tips on networking and meeting new investors
- How he finances his deals
- What you should know about presenting yourself to banks
- How he manages his business one problem at a time
- Thoughts on getting a real estate license
- Whether you should consider starting a property management business
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Book on Real Estate Investing with No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- “Get as many units as you possibly can under one roof.” (Tweet This!)