Sometimes to find success, you have to think outside the box! That’s why today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we’re excited to bring you an interview with Johnny Youssef, a young investor who has found clever ways to turn properties that no one else wants into cash flowing monsters. You’ll be inspired and motivated after hearing Johnny’s story, as well as his philosophy of using “financial freedom” to help others. Don’t miss a second of this powerful show!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Residential Investor One. Residential Investor One is a powerful cooperative of residential real estate investors dedicated to enhancing the efficiency and productivity of their members.
Learn more by calling 855-257-2201 or visiting residentialinvestorone.com/biggerpockets
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Thoughts on this year’s epic battle: the Mets vs. the Royals
- Who Johnny is and how he started investing during college
- How he got his real estate license early to get the commissions
- How he managed 7 properties from a young age
- The importance of understanding and helping your market
- Thoughts on how to fund a property
- Insight into the question: To have a real estate license or not?
- How to start out in real estate with no money
- Why the first property he bought was a duplex
- How to use the same money to keep your business growing
- A look at Johnny’s current portfolio
- Big mistakes people make in hiring employees
- The level of finish you should aim for when flipping properties
- How to tenant-proof your properties
- What is he currently looking at right now
- The importance of thinking outside of box when investing
- Johnny’s thoughts on flips vs. rental properties
- How to manage vacancies
- Tips for new investors
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Youtube
- A Beginner’s Introduction to Real Estate Investing (Course)
- The Key to Business Success with Bestselling Author of The E-Myth Michael Gerber
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Look for something that has equity in it. Make money out of it and start investing in other things.” (Tweet This!)
- “When you’re buying, especially when you are still starting, you’re gonna be emotional about things.” (Tweet This!)