How do you build up a sizable real estate portfolio when you live in one of the most expensive cities in America? That’s the topic we dive into today on the BiggerPockets Podcast with guest Nazz Wang. Nazz has gone from 0 to 51 units in the past several years, both local in California and across the country. You’ll learn how Nazz overcame a bad first investing experience to find her niche in “lazy real estate investing” and how you can do the same!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who is Nazz and how she’s been investing for 10 years now
- How she got started through house hacking
- How she acquired the mindset of a landlord back in college
- Nazz’s first property — and her first big mistake
- How neglecting the cash flow analysis ended up costing her
- The issues surrounding owning condo units
- How to discover and thrive in your niche
- How many units she currently has
- The problem with HOAs
- How she bought in the Midwest to maximize cash flow
- A discussion about property appreciation (are there any indicators?)
- Speculation vs. buying things you can afford to keep
- How Nazz educated herself in real estate
- Her experience investing as a woman
- How she finds, finances, and manages properties outside of her area
- How to establish a pipeline to make investing easier
- The benefits of the BRRRR strategy
- How to manage property managers
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Turning “Weird” Properties Into Cash-Flowing Monsters with Johnny Youssef
- BRRRR Strategy
- Investing in Rental Properties When Your Local Area is Too Expensive With Mehran Kamari
- Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- 7 Ways to Find Incredible Real Estate Deals with Chad Carson
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “I would never pay money to lose money.” (Tweet This!)