On today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Clayton Morris, a real estate investor and host of the weekend edition of Fox and Friends on the Fox Cable News Network. In this incredible interview, Clayton shares his story with us of getting started, finding financial freedom through a “Freedom Number,” investing while working a full time job, understanding limiting beliefs about money, and much more. But be careful — this show might seriously change the course of your life!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive’s team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we’ve got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Clayton’s career and how he got into real estate
- His first condo rehab and how he bought it using 100% financing
- The power in buying property off-market
- How limiting beliefs on money affected him growing up
- The importance of giving value to financial education
- How Clayton grew his career in real estate
- Insight into analyzing the market
- How he got to know his “freedom number“
- The total number of deals he’s done
- A discussion on having a turnkey company
- How to overcome the fear of asking for money
- Clayton’s thoughts on the perception of real estate investors
- Aikido and how it relates to investing
- The importance of focusing on the comfort of the tenant
- Thoughts on using a 5-year lease
- Whether you should borrow from your 401k
- Tips on finding partnerships
- How to treat real estate as a business and not just a hobby
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Courses
- Clayton’s Freedom Number Sheet
- BiggerPockets Perks
- Mike Michalowicz’ Website
- BiggerPockets Jobs
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Brandon’s New Book (coming this Monday!)
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
- The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity by Edwene Gaines
- “There’s so many excuses out there for people that don’t want to take action.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’ll get real answers when you humble yourself to people who got a lot more knowledge than you.” (Tweet This!)
- “At the first sign of failure, don’t give up.” (Tweet This!)