On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we are excited to bring you an interview with a prolific investor (and author of one of the world’s biggest real estate books, HOLD: How to Find, Buy, and Rent Houses for Wealth), Linda McKissack! Linda currently owns 108 single family homes — but she didn’t start out that way. Learn how Linda discovered the power that real estate can have on a lifestyle and the mindset needed to make your dreams a reality. This show will blow you away with Linda’s honesty, integrity, and story of excellence. Don’t miss a second of it!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Today’s sponsor is Booth, a complete phone and voicemail service ideal for the active real estate investor. Use Booth to accept phone calls from potential sellers, tenants, and more on your own device but with a new local or toll-free number. Control how, who, and when you receive calls. Set up pre-recorded messages to save you time and hassle. And even get one of those “press one for this, two for that” auto attendants, which can be really helpful in making your company stand out like a big deal.
So give Booth a try today by visiting www.TryBooth.com/biggerpockets.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Linda is and how she started investing with huge debt
- The size of her portfolio
- Why she dropped out of college to become an entrepreneur
- How she bought property without money or good credit
- A look at financing back in the ’80s
- How to recession-proof your life
- A discussion on speculation vs. investing
- How every market is different
- What her freedom number is
- How to get deals by helping others build wealth
- Partnerships and whether newbies should seek them out
- Why freedom means having options
- The importance of taking the next step and avoiding analysis paralysis
- Linda’s formula for finding good deals
- How to figure out the best criteria for you
- What keeps her continuing to invest despite reaching her goals
- Tips for forming a team
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- HOLD: How to Find, Buy, and Rent Houses for Wealth by Steve Chader
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- “If you do the right activities, the money shows up.” (Tweet This!)
- “The more money you make, the more options you have and the more good things you can do.” (Tweet This!)