Boom! Prepare to be blown away by this unbelievable interview with an investor who’s gone from nothing to more than 200 deals in just five years! You’ll learn how Sharad was able to find great deals, finance those deals, and build an investment portfolio that continues to grow no matter where lives or travels in the world. This show is one of the most humorous and most enlightening shows ever recorded on the BiggerPockets Podcast, so why are you still reading this? Listen to the show!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Lima One Capital is the nation’s premier lender for residential real estate investors. They make it easy to finance all of your rental properties and fix-and-flip projects.
Learn more by visiting LimaOneCapital.com/BP
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive’s team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we’ve got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- The story behind the $5,000 scholarship cheque
- How Sharad’s love for saving money led him to buy his first property
- Why he values bigger goals in life
- The importance of focusing on the things that matter
- The details of his first investment property
- How he figured out what he wanted to do as real estate investor
- How to start out without any formal education in real estate
- Whether you should buy inexpensive properties or not
- What A, B, and C-properties are
- Why he invests in his area now
- The importance of talking to local people to get a feel for the market
- How he bought $65,000 worth of property with just $17,000 cash
- How Sharad uses his time to find and analyze deals
- A call simulation that’ll teach you how to achieve the bottom line
- How to keep a good relationship with an agent
- How many deals he has done
- Sharad’s views on turnkey properties
- The benefit of having 48 properties for rental free and clear
- How he keeps his real estate business as simple as possible
- Sharad’s role within his business
- How his business works and how he automates it
- How to trust your contractors
- How to get discounts from Home Depot
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- Elon Musk: Biography of a Self-Made Visionary, Entrepreneur and Billionaire by B Storm
- “You have to make some sacrifices to achieve bigger goals in life.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you are motivated enough, you will get anything done — no matter what.” (Tweet This!)
- “It all comes down to numbers. If the numbers make sense, I’ll buy it.” (Tweet This!)