How would you feel after losing $150,000 on one of your first deals? That’s the story we’re excited to bring you today with guest Ryland Taniguchi. Ryland shares his incredible comeback story of losing a huge sum of money on a flip-gone-bad and fighting through the difficulty to do over 300 deals. You’ll be both amazed and emboldened to blaze through your own difficulties, and you might just pick up a few new tricks while you’re at it. This show is packed full of high-level, actionable tips that will help any investor grow to new heights.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com/
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who is the legend called Ryland?
- How Ryland got into real estate
- How he lost $150k on his first flip
- The story of the “Mafia Contractor“
- The story of the $21,000 porch
- What he was doing prior to investing
- How he found his passion in offering free real estate coaching
- How many employees he has in his company
- The pros and cons of being your own contractor
- Thoughts on the BRRRR strategy
- How he quickly figures out what strategy to do on deals
- Why he thinks development is probably the most risky type of real estate investing
- The strategy of investing as if the market is going to crash
- Tips for finding your purpose
- Advice on driving for dollars, street by street
- How to get into direct mail marketing
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Jobs
- Contribute to BiggerPockets
- BRRRR Strategy
- The Big Short
- BP Podcast 081: Generating Real Estate Leads Through Direct Mail with Michael Quarles
- BP Podcast 077: Negotiating Your Way to 1000 Wholetail Real Estate Deals with Michael Quarles
- BP Podcast 168: Building Hundreds of Homes to Sell or Rent with Cameron Skinner
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Alerts
- BP Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- “Sometimes it’s our suffering and our pain that becomes our purpose.” (Tweet This!)
- “When you have a big goal, then some small setback is only a setback.” (Tweet This!)
- “You fail frequently, you fail fast, and you fail forward.” (Tweet This!)