House flipping can be incredibly profitable and fun — but for many people, trying to make it work is next to impossible because of the high cost of homes. That’s why on this episode we’re excited to chat with Steve Jones, a house flipper from Southern California who has flipped over 100 deals in his neighborhood. Steve’s advice is rock solid for anyone looking to grow their real estate business — and you are going to love his advice about open houses. Steve’s perspectives just might change how you do real estate forever.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com/
In This Episode We Cover:
- Thoughts on investing in Southern California
- How Steve got started in real estate
- The first home he flipped
- What exactly a “condo conversion” is
- How he’s done over 100 flips so far
- How Steve finds his deals
- What you should know about looking for hidden value
- Steve’s formula for evaluating a deal
- How he flips a deal
- What he typical spends on a normal rehab
- The worst flip he’s ever done
- How to think with the buyers in mind
- Tips for getting an A-team contractor
- How to learn from contractors
- The importance of developing a thorough scope of work
- Why deals are relationship based
- How to calculate land value
- What happens when people lose their money
- Things that he loves about flipping houses
- The “slow flip”
- Becoming an expert on your neighborhood
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “We always bring the indoors outdoors — and bring the outdoors in.” (Tweet This!)
- “You have to have an appetite for risk.” (Tweet This!)
- “Your best price is always going to be your first price.” (Tweet This!)