Let’s be honest: It can be tough to find a great deal in today’s competitive real estate market. If you find yourself in that situation, you are going to love today’s show! Today we hear from Lauren Hardy, a house flipper and wholesaler in the highly competitive Southern California market who overcame a rough beginning to scale her business to several deals a month. You’ll love Lauren’s honesty about quitting her job too early and her straightforward approach to finding deals, evaluating a market, and creating systems that allow her to work and live a full life. And grab some scratch paper — this is definitely one show you are going to want to take some notes on!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor MACK.
MACK Investments is the nation’s longest tenured turnkey operator with over 38 years of combined experience, with its fully vertically integrated operation in the US’s most diverse economy, Chicagoland. With over 2000+ homes under management, we serve over 300+ investors across 11 different countries. Homes are priced below 200 thousand and will generate a guaranteed CAP averaging 9% that can be leveraged to achieve returns in excess of 20%.
Learn more by visiting MACKinvestments.com.
In This Episode We Cover:
- What to do when you hail from an expensive location
- How Lauren got started in real estate
- Her very first deal
- Why she loves condos
- Things to consider when investing in condos
- How she quit her job — and failed
- How she spent $25,000 — and got no deals
- Lauren’s tweaks to her direct mail marketing
- How she scaled to 2 to 3 deals a month
- How Lauren’s business works
- How she uses Podio to make her processes easier
- How she estimates rehab costs
- What exactly cash for keys is
- Flipping shows vs. flipping in real life
- How she funds her deals with hard money and private money lenders
- Where is she going with her business
- How many hours she works in a week
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor by Amanda Han
- Building Wealth One House at a Time, Updated and Expanded by John Schaub
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy
- “I love what I do, so it doesn’t feel like work.” (Tweet This!)