Jim Collins has literally done it all. From busboy, produce, clerk, and gas station attendant, to ad agency founder, sales trainer, radio co-host, and publisher. He is a prolific world traveler, having visited more than 30 countries on five continents via motorcycle, car, train, plane, boat—and even elephant.
Jim has lived a very good life. And along the way, Jim has learned that money is a tool that can offer the freedom to live the life you want to live.
He’s also figured out that there is a very simple path to wealth. While you can make money picking individual stocks, the index fund is a very easy way to grow your wealth in the stock market without spending time researching companies.
This episode truly is the show for anyone who has money or wants to have more.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
For over 36 years, The Entrust Group has provided account administration services for self-directed retirement and tax-advantaged plans. Entrust can assist you in purchasing alternative investments with your retirement funds, and administer the buying and selling of assets that are typically unavailable through banks and brokerage firms.
Visit The Entrust Group today.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Jim’s background
- How he discovered the FI concept
- The position of power in his life, and how he made bolder choices
- How he transitioned into financial business
- How he was able to achieve high savings rate
- Achieving FI, picking individual stocks, and actively managing funds
- Separating your emotions from your investments
- Four things you need to move toward FI
- The key things to remember when investing in an index fund
- What self-cleansing means
- His timeline for investing in index funds
- Buying bond market index funds
- His take on the “Bloodbath on the Wall Street” headline
- Strategy for getting into the market
- Ways to invest in the stock market
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- How I failed my daughter and a simple path to wealth (Article)
- Stock Investing Series – Part XXXII: Why you should not be in the stock market (Article)
- Stock Investing Series – Part XVIII: Investing in a Raging Bull (Article)
- Stock Investing Series – Part III: Most people lose money in the market (Article)
- Nightmare on Wall Street: Will the Blood Bath Continue? (Article)
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 17: Building a Lean Business With (Almost) No Capital with Alan Donegan
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Simple Path to Wealth by Jim Collins
- Noble House by James Clavell
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- “It’s not a matter of choosing between something that is terrible and something that is great. It is choosing between something that does work and can work depending on how skilled you are at it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Stocks are never gonna love you back.” (Tweet This!)
- “The longer the time period you hold, the more statically certain you can get.” (Tweet This!)