Today we sit down with Mr. and Mrs. Planting our Pennies, or Mr. and Mrs. PoP for short. Mr. PoP never wanted to be anchored to an inflexible job. Mrs. PoP never wanted to be financially insecure.
A reward trip to Hawaii after a good sales year at his job led Mr. PoP to the internet where he found Early Retirement Extreme and Mr. Money Mustache. Mrs. PoP ran the numbers and discovered that their target number for a mini-retirement really wasn’t that hard to reach. A few more calculations showed her they could work slightly longer and quit working their traditional jobs forever.
This episode truly showcases that anyone can achieve financial freedom. Small tweaks to your spending can yield huge rewards fairly quickly.
Wondering if you can reach financial freedom? This episode will show you how.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- The beginning of Mr. and Mrs. PoP’s money journey
- How they stumbled across financial independence
- The changes they made moving toward financial independence
- Mr. PoP’s tips for people who want to become successful salespersons
- Their advice for people who want to move faster and expand their income
- The paycheck Mr. PoP got
- Mrs. PoP’s career
- Investing their income in real estate and index funds
- The reason they started investing in real estate
- What saltwater front lot is
- How they got their properties
- Their housing costs
- Modeling out their spreadsheet
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Rockstar Finance
- Rockstar Finance Directory
- Planting Our Pennies (Income Statement and Balance Sheet)
- Burning Desire for FIRE
- Early Retirement Extreme
- Mr. Money Mustache
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 20: The Simple Path to Wealth—Index Funds Explained with JL Collins
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 07: How Breakfast Food Motivated Financial Freedom with Mr. and Mrs. Waffles on Wednesday
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “As soon as you link spending money with happiness, you are going straight downhill and it is not gonna end up well.” (Tweet This!)
- “If things are simple then it is much easier to achieve.” (Tweet This!)
- “Don’t judge yourself.” (Tweet This!)