Real estate is a hot topic right now, and who better to talk about the subject than BiggerPockets founder Joshua Dorkin and BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Podcast host Brandon Turner?
No one, that’s who.
So we went to these experts to gather up some excellent real estate advice. In this episode, we get a brief history of their experiences with finance and real estate and chat about their new book, How to Invest In Real Estate. Josh and Brandon also cover tips for managing your money while you save for your first investment, Josh’s inverted funnel analogy—and Brandon’s references to Harry Potter.
Thinking about adding real estate investing to your portfolio? This episode will educate and inspire you!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
For the small business owner who is looking to expand their business in the pursuit of financial independence, hiring can be a daunting task. Thankfully LinkedIn is here to help and get you on the path to FI! That’s why you should use LinkedIn to find your next hire, grow your business, and hit that FI number! Most LinkedIn members have not recently visited the top job boards, but 9 out of 10 members are open to new opportunities. That’s why a new hire is made every 10 seconds using LinkedIn. BiggerPockets even uses LinkedIn as part of our hiring strategy!
Hurry to linkedin.com/bp and get $50 off your first job post.
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- Josh’s story of entrepreneurship
- Saving money for a “bigger toy”
- Investing in stocks before college and saving six figures by college graduation
- How BiggerPockets was born
- Brandon’s money journey
- 3 lessons Brandon’s parents taught him
- How he got into real estate
- Why Josh and Brandon love real estate
- The 4 wealth generators of real estate
- How loan pay down works
- 3 options when living in an expensive city
- Their opinion on the current state of the market
- The biggest mistake people make with their finances
- The reason people live paycheck to paycheck
- Best practices for saving money
- Their opinion on house hacking
- The main thing about their book
- Why people are scared to invest in real estate
- The importance of advocating financial education
- 2 different approaches to real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast (to find all shows mentioned)
- BiggerPockets Blog
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Bitcoin is a Stupid, Horrible Thing to Invest In!
- Scott’s Email
Books Mentioned in this Show
- How To Invest In Real Estate by Joshua Dorkin and Brandon Turner
- The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Set For Life by Scott Trench
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George by S. Clason and Charles Conrad
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Total Money Make Over by Dave Ramsey
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- How to Sell Your Home by Mindy Jensen
- “For me, money has always been a means to an end. I’ve always saved more than I spent.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can replace the cash needed with creativity.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s not any single one way to build wealth using real estate.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life is not a race.” (Tweet This!)
- “Stop worrying about everybody else, and worry about yourself.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life doesn’t get better by chance; it gets better by change.” (Tweet This!)