What does true wealth look like? Is it simply money or something more? And how does one achieve that wealth? That’s the topic on today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, where we sit down with David Osborn, a highly successful real estate investor, agent, and New York Times Bestselling author from Austin, TX. This show is PACKED with incredible, life-changing knowledge, advice, and wisdom from someone who truly walks his talk. David covers everything from buying your first property, the exact “pass/fail” metrics he uses to evaluate potential deals, the importance of work/life balance, and SO much more! This is one episode you’ll want to listen to again and again!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- A little about David’s background
- How being lazy can actually work
- His rental portfolio
- How he’s managed to build his portfolio easily
- His advice to those who are still starting out
- The importance of hanging out with winners
- The three main things that he focuses on his life
- How he learns best
- The story behind “wealth can’t wait”
- A conversation on the definition of wealth
- What can be improved in the current curriculum
- How to know when enough is enough
- How to gain momentum in real estate
- David’s goals for the next 20 years
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Instagram Account
- Josh’s Instagram Account
- Brandon’s Instagram Account
- Self Made Man Podcast with David as Guest
- BiggerPockets Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- Carleton Sheets
- BiggerPockets Podcast 169: Using Hustle and Persistence to Build Wealth Through Real Estate with David Greene
- BiggerPockets Podcast 190: Building 61 Different Passive Streams of Income with Pat Hiban
- Khan Academy
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- Wealth Can’t Wait by David Osborn
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- Real Estate Riches by Dolf de Roos
- Secrets of Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- “It’s all about opportunity in life. So you won’t be ready for the opportunity unless you’re prepared.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you want to be a winner, you’ve got to hangout with winners.” (Tweet This!)
- “Wealth is not just really about money. It’s about an entire way of living. It’s a state of mind.” (Tweet This!)
- “The biggest risks in life is not taking risks.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with David