Scaling: It’s a term often tossed around in business and real estate, but what does it actually look like? Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, you’ll see firsthand how one investor went from a small handful of single family houses to purchasing over $130,000,000 worth of apartment communities in just the past few years. Our guest, Joe Fairless, has a great story that will show you how you can get started with larger multifamily properties, including several ways to find and finance those big deals. Whether you are looking for your first deal or a 250 unit apartment community, this is one show you can’t afford to miss!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
Famous Four Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Joe’s background
- His first property in Texas
- Tips for those investing out-of-state
- The benefits and dangers of buying properties virtually
- Why he no longer does single family properties
- How to qualify a market
- Markets that Joe thinks work
- Tips on finding partners and funding deals
- What exactly a master lease is
- How to network and get people in a deal with you
- How much money he puts in each deal
- How they find their apartment deals
- What a stabilized property is
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- The ONE Thing Podcast
- JF 82: House Hacking Tips Revealed (podcast)
- Tony Robbins
- Malcolm Gladwell
- Tim Ferriss
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- Real Estate Investing for Dummies by Eric Tyson and Robert S. Griswold
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Driving Force: Six Human Needs by Anthony Robbins
- Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson
- “I’ve never visited the house before I’ve bought it.” (Tweet This!)
- “The bigger dollars are in the value-add opportunities.” (Tweet This!)
- “You want to have customers before you have a product.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Joe