Real estate doesn’t need to be a full-time business, but it can be a fantastic side hustle! That’s the topic on today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, where we sit down with Seth Mosley, a musical artist and producer (with several Grammy awards to his name!) who invests in rental properties on the side. Seth has a ton of great tips to share today for anyone looking to buy more real estate but not able to spend 40 hours a week doing it. And be sure to listen for his fascinating strategy on how he used a virtual assistant to help find and analyze deals! This show is packed full with tips, stories, and humor, so don’t miss a moment of it!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Seth started as a music producer, with investing as a side hustle
- The tax advantages, appreciation, and other reasons why he chose real estate
- How to know which path to take in real estate investing
- How you can use 1030 exchanges to buy up to 6 units
- His portfolio of 20 doors and where he invests
- How he uses virtual assistants to help him find deals
- Why you should consider starting an investment club
- What you should know about S.I.D.E. H.U.S.T.L.E.
- The importance of focusing on relationships
- Tips for becoming a part-time investor
- What’s next for Seth
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Events
- E and S Tile Instagram
- Josh’s Instagram Profile
- Brandon’s Instagram Profile
- Newsboys (Band)
- DC Talk (Band)
- BiggerPockets Podcast 157: A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
- BiggerPockets Author
- Dave Ramsey
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The ONE Thing by Jay Papasan and Gary Keller
- “Don’t be too attached just because you lived in it. View it as an investment.” (Tweet This!)
- “If there’s no door, then just build one.” (Tweet This!)
- “Just get started and get fancy later.” (Tweet This!)
- “Don’t look for the cheapest property manager. Look for the best one. Hire slow and fire fast.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Seth