Why do some people struggle finding one single real estate deal, when others are finding dozens each month? What’s the secret to getting consistent leads? According to our guest today, it’s relationships—and specifically, there are four types of relationships that bring him over 100 deals a year. Today we’re excited to bring back Nathan Brooks as we dive deep into all four strategies he’s currently using to bring in incredible deals. And don’t miss the powerful discussion we had about leadership and the extreme ownership needed to take your business to the next level! This show is as funny as it is informative, so sit down and prepare for an amazing 90-minute episode!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Nathan’s quick back story
- How he finds all his properties
- The importance of building relationships with the right people
- The exact phrase he says to agents
- How he uses the 80/20 principle in relationships
- The four lead sources Nathan uses
- Tips for dealing with wholesalers
- The property management software he use
- How to find and keep great contractors
- How to take responsibility for the leadership of your team
- And SO much more!
Fire Round Forum Links
- Contractor Dilemma – Advice?
- 60k Prop or 100k Prop? Cash flow vs. Value
- Property Manager Vendors are expensive
- Failure to launch, no luck so far
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast 087: How to Thrive After The Collapse of a Real Estate Empire with Nathan Brooks
- BiggerPockets Podcast 159: How to Build a Real Estate Business That Buys 60 Deals a Year with Nathan Brooks
- BiggerPockets Events
- Josh’s Instagram Profile
- Brandon’s Instagram Profile
- Jocko’s Instagram Profile
- Saturday Night Live video with Josh
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The ONE Thing by Jay Papasan and Gary Keller
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks, and Jay Papasan
- The Book on Rental Properties by Brandon Turner
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- “It’s all about relationships.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you can’t afford the management, you probably can’t afford the house.” (Tweet This!)
- “You have to take responsibility for the leadership of your team.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Nathan