We’re not going to lie: It was hard to come up with a title for this episode because we covered SO much—productivity strategies, morning routines, growing from zero to 900 units, partnerships, 1031 exchanges. Whether you are a top performing real estate expert or still looking for your first, you’ll leave this interview challenged, encouraged, and fired up to make some big changes in your life! Jake and Gino are full of energy and even more full of knowledge, so get ready for one awesome show.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Jake and Gino are
- The importance of having a picture in mind
- Tips for having good morning habits
- How they built ancillary businesses to support their real estate investing
- Advice for finding the right employees
- How to get into the first deal
- How to balance being focused and building another revenue streams
- Why partnerships are vitally important
- What to seek in a partner
- What their partnership looks like
- Thoughts on using an LLC for each deal
- What exactly cost segregation is
- A discussion on holding properties forever
- Their thoughts about 1031 exchanges
- How they find deals
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast 182: 674 Multifamily Units in Three Years with Jake & Gino
- BiggerPockets Podcast 157: A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
- Scott’s Twitter Profile
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- Investing in Fixer-Uppers by Jay DeCima
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- “Have a picture in mind and just keep focusing on it.” (Tweet This!)
- “You grow into your problems, and you outgrow your problems.” (Tweet This!)
- “The fear is worst than the reality.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you’re not thinking of creating value for the other person, then the partnership is not going to work.” (Tweet This!)
- “Transactions are not going to create wealth; equity is going to create wealth.” (Tweet This!)