What does it take to truly find financial independence? Money? Deals? Mentors? Or could it be something else entirely… something intangible? In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Rock Thomas, a real estate investor and agent who shows others the simple mindset shifts needed to achieve financial freedom. In other words, it’s time to work on YOUR “money blueprint.” Through Rock’s story, you’ll learn the most important skills any individual needs to achieve in any field, the best way to find and attract mentors who can teach you the path, how to change your “operating system” to one that is far more successful, and so much more. With powerful stories, humor, and insight, Rock’s story is one you won’t want to miss!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting BiggerPockets.com/realtyshares
Deep Dive Sponsor
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Rock’s backstory as a worker on a farm
- What mentors look for into someone
- How he used pain to propel himself forward
- Saying yes to opportunities, no matter how difficult
- The importance of having what it takes
- Why you should seek out people with energy
- Being the guy who solves any problem
- The 4 money personality types
- The type of properties he invests in
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- How to Change the Way You See Yourself | Rock Thomas | Goalcast
- BiggerPockets Podcast 250: Grant Cardone on Multifamily Investing and Why You Should Never Buy a House!
- BiggerPockets Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- BiggerPockets Podcast 226: From “D-Student” to $400,000 in Annual Rental Property Cash Flow with David Osborn
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Nothing Down for the 2000s by Robert G. Allen
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- Why the Rich Are Getting Richer by Robert Kiyosaki
- E- Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman & Mark Winters
Fire Round Questions
- Any ideas on how I get get financing for my first deal?
- What are some methods/strategies to lower my upfront costs for the down payment, while not getting beat up on interest rates?
- What should I have in my contract and what should I look for in doing a seller finance deal?
- Can a landlord evict a tenant for not paying all of the security deposit?
- What qualities define a great mentor?
- “Mentors, you want to admire them and you want to be them.” (Tweet This!)
- “When you step in the room and you feel you’re not the smartest guy, you’re in the right room.” (Tweet This!)
- “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can get anything you want in life as long as you are committed and creative.” (Tweet This!)
- “Find what pisses people off and solve it for them.” (Tweet This!)