Ever wonder about the REAL story behind the house flipping tv shows? On today’s show, we interview Ken Corsini, star of HGTV’s Flip or Flop Atlanta! Ken pulls back the curtain and shares fantastic insight and knowledge into several areas of real estate investing, from house flipping to new construction to owning a real estate brokerage!
In this episode, we cover Ken’s methods for finding deals in hot markets, how to recognize general contractor “price creep” (and what to do about it), and how to craft multiple exit strategies that will serve you in any market. Ken also shares some fantastic insight regarding his technique for staying flexible to protect himself from market downturns that you do NOT want to miss (if you value keeping money over losing it)!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Fundrise enables you to invest in high-quality, high-potential private market real estate projects. I’m talking anything from high rises in D.C. to multi-families in L.A. — institutional-quality stuff. And each project is carefully vetted and actively managed by Fundrise’s team of real estate pros.
Their high-tech, low-cost online platform lets you track the progress of every single project, and keep more of the money you make. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to be accredited.
Visit Fundrise.com/biggerpockets to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Over 2 million people are earning money by hosting on Airbnb. It’s free to list, and Airbnb has a tool that’ll help you price your place just right. Whether you’re looking for some side cash, or a steady income, hosting on Airbnb might just be the best investment you haven’t made yet.
When you go to ?biggerpockets.com/airbnb? and start hosting you’ll receive a $100 cash bonus if you generate $500 in booking value by December 31st.
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why Ken kicks himself for selling houses he flipped
- How he adapted to a changing market when hedge funds took over
- How he started a construction business to keep up with the growing demand for big rehabs
- How he recognizes what the best strategy is for each market
- What “price creep” is—and what to do when you find it
- Why adaptability is your best ability
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- The Office (TV series)
- BiggerPockets’ Calculators
- BiggerPockets’ Rehab Estimator Calculator
- Turn-Key Property Investing: An Interview with Ken Corsini
- How to Buy Your First Home or Investment Property with No Down Payment (Carleton Sheets)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
Fire Round Questions
- What are thoughts on building a duplex or triplex, or something like that?
- I’m trying to figure out how to estimate what the new home(s) will be worth
- What have you found as the best financing for new construction of investment properties?
- What type of insurance do you all recommend for short term real estate holding and construction?
- Could I hypothetically take a whole rundown neighboorhood and turn it into a highly desirable place to live?
- My question is what is the best way to legally structure to protect us both and also best structure tax wise?
- “I don’t think you can stay relevant if you don’t watch the signs and learn to adapt your business.” (Tweet This!)