What is the best way to get started investing in real estate? The problem with this question is that there are SO many different pieces of advice. That’s why we’re excited to bring you one of the most unique episodes of the BiggerPockets Podcast we’ve ever had. In this episode, Josh Dorkin is back—and he and Brandon deliver a series of interviews with some of the past guests from the BiggerPockets Podcast, including David Greene, Kenyon Meadows, Andrew Cushman, Arianne Lemire, Darren Sager, Ryan Murdock, Tim Shiner, Anson Young, Zeona McIntyre, and Ben Leybovich.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
If you’re a real estate investor and looking for passive, turnkey investing, you’ve come to the right place! Memphis Invest has over 15 years of experience and currently manages more than 5,000 properties in 6 different markets. With our clients, we’ve built a $650 million portfolio, becoming one of the largest turnkey companies in the US.
We’ve created a turnkey real estate guide just for Bigger Pockets podcast listeners! This easy, downloadable guide will give you everything you need to know about real estate investing. Visit Memphis Invest today.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Over 2 million people are earning money by hosting on Airbnb. It’s free to list, and Airbnb has a tool that’ll help you price your place just right. Whether you’re looking for some side cash, or a steady income, hosting on Airbnb might just be the best investment you haven’t made yet.
When you go to ?biggerpockets.com/airbnb? and start hosting you’ll receive a $100 cash bonus if you generate $500 in booking value by December 31st.
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafe.com/pockets
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why live and rent with Tim Shiner
- Darren Sager on what real estate investing strategy to focus on
- How to know if you’re ready with Ben Leybovich
- How Zeona McIntyre converts any kind of property into rentals
- Anson Young’s thoughts on when to tackle projects with grit and when to quit
- Why Kenyon Meadows thinks you should find an in-person mentor
- David Greene’s “one thing”
- How Arianne Lemire analyzes a deal each day
- Why Andrew Cushman focuses on process rather than outcome
- Ryan Murdock’s concept of cash reserves
- How to live-in flip with Mindy Jensen
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Store
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast
Books Mentioned in this Show
- How to Invest in Real Estate by Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner
- Investing in Real Estate with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing by BiggerPockets
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
- Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl
- My Wife Hates Loves Rent Houses by Tim and Crystal Shiner
- Entrepreneurial Reflections by Jay Rodgers
- Hamburger America by George Motz
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Exactly What to Say by Phil M. Jones
- How I Turned $1,000 into Five Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time by William Nickerson
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- Finding and Funding Great Deals by Anson Young
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
- Alternative Financial Medicine by Kenyon Meadows M.D.
- Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke
- Living with a SEAL by Jesse Itzler
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The 4-hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- How to Sell Your Home by Mindy Jensen
- “I really don’t care that much if I’m negative or positive. My bigger thing is appreciation.” —Tim Shiner (Tweet This!)
- “You can’t do something until you are ready to do it.” —Ben Leybovich (Tweet This!)
- “Everything that we do has a process.” —Brandon Turner (Tweet This!)
- “You can go for an online course or YouTube videos, but you cannot replace that in-person mentor.” —Kenyon Meadows (Tweet This!)
- “Stop thinking that what you need is someone to hold your hand and walk you through this.” —David Greene (Tweet This!)
- “Daily, consistent action will lead to great results.” —Arianne Lemire (Tweet This!)
- “Focus on the process and not the outcome.” —Andrew Cushman (Tweet This!)
- “Failure is not a failure if you learn from it.” —Andrew Cushman (Tweet This!)