Interested in learning techniques that will virtually guarantee you success, regardless of your field of interest? Of course you are!
On that front, today’s show will not disappoint! Brandon and David interview bestselling author Robert Greene, whose latest book is titled The Laws of Human Nature.
Robert discusses brilliant concepts regarding earning the trust of others, determining who you can trust in an interaction, and developing the super power of reading other people’s non-verbal cues. He also shares valuable insight that will help you positively impact the emotions of others around you, put yourself in a peak state of performance, and activate the power of your own emotional connection to things you are passionate about.
And do not miss Robert’s advice on making sure others cannot manipulate or deceive you, or what he’s learned studying Leonardo da Vinci and others who have mastered their crafts! If you want to become the investor who gets deals first, gets the best prices on rehabs, and is less likely to be fooled in a transaction, download this episode right now!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Fundrise enables you to invest in high-quality, high-potential private market real estate projects. I’m talking anything from high rises in D.C. to multi-families in L.A. — institutional-quality stuff. And each project is carefully vetted and actively managed by Fundrise’s team of real estate pros.
Their high-tech, low-cost online platform lets you track the progress of every single project, and keep more of the money you make. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to be accredited.
Visit Fundrise.com/biggerpockets to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
Deep Dive Sponsor
If you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round Sponsor
Almost none of us have the time to read everything we’d like to read. Yet we lose countless hours to activities that bring us little joy such as commuting, chores and staring at our phones. What if we could turn these little blocks of unallocated time into precious and rewarding moments for learning and reflection? Founded in 2012 by four friends, Blinkist now connects 6-million readers worldwide to the biggest ideas from bestselling nonfiction via 15-minute audio and text.
Blinkist has a special offer for YOU. It’s a FREE 7 day trial — just go to Blinkist.com/pockets
In This Episode We Cover:
- Robert’s mentor-mentee relationship with Ryan Holiday
- What a mentor is looking for a mentee
- What are the laws of human nature
- Understanding human nature and why it’s the most important skill
- Seeing through people beyond the surface
- Validating the good in people
- Flattery vs. recognizing somebody’s strength
- The different biases and how we’re governed by emotions
– Conviction bias
– Appearance bias
– Group bias
- Techniques to resist these biases
- How to present yourself
- Mastery and being emotionally connected to what you do
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Podcast 245: Creating Wealth that Lasts Generations with Bestselling Author Ryan Holiday (Podcast)
- Insight Timer
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram
- BiggerPockets’ Instagram
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene
- Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
- The 50th Law by 50 Cent and Robert Greene
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
- The Art Of War by Sun Tzu
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- The Book on Rental Properties by Brandon Turner
- Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
- “The most important thing you are looking for is not a glittering resume, it’s not charm, but their character.” (Tweet This!)
- “The most important skill you can develop in life is understanding people.” (Tweet This!)
- “The energy that you present people, is how they’re going to see you.” (Tweet This!)