Interested in becoming a millionaire through real estate investing? Of course you are!
Today’s guest did just that—by age 26!
Brandon and David sit down with top-producing real estate agent and investor Graham Stephan as he spills the strategy he used to build massive wealth at such a young age. You won’t want to miss his “fortune formula,” including how he adds value to the deals he buys, how he saved money to invest without missing out on life’s experiences, and how he found work he loved to do so he could work hard while still feeling like he was on vacation.
Graham’s passion for real estate carried him to big success through investing, and he shares great advice for using YouTube to grow your brand. He also discusses how skipping college helped make him a millionaire and how he worked with his grandma to fund his first deal!
Graham touches on why he feels the future of RE is in development, ways to “make, not just find,” deals in today’s market, what to watch out for with Airbnb, and how he bought a house before he even owned a credit card.
DON’T miss this powerful show from someone who made the most of his 20s to set himself up for future success. Download it today!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
BuildingBits is a powerful alternative to investing in traditional high-yield savings vehicles. With an emphasis on newer construction, quality tenants, long-term leases and reduced transaction fees, they offer a new class of conservative investments designed to complement all level of investment portfolios. For as little as $100 you can add Commercial Real Estate to your personal wealth strategy!
Go to Invest.BuildingBits.com/BiggerPockets to start.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round Sponsor
Stessa makes it easy for both novice and sophisticated investors to drive operational efficiencies, maximize revenue, and improve overall portfolio performance. Just take a few minutes, add your properties, link your accounts, and everything updates in real-time. Stessa brings the institutional tools used by the pros to the everyday investor for free
To learn more and get started with a free account, go to Stessa.com/bp
In This Episode We Cover:
- Started as listing agent in L.A. at age 18
- Closing over 3 million dollars as a first deal that made him quit college
- The plan he put in place
- What he could’ve done better
- What it’s like buying rental properties at a young age
- Hack on managing properties
- House hacking in LA
- The Subway sandwich story
- How Graham became a millionaire in real estate by 26
- Why going to college would have set him back a decade
- The Millionaire Formula
- His current investments and future plans
- Tips on landlording
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Meet
- BiggerPockets Career Opportunities
- Mission Meats
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- How I became a Millionaire in Real Estate by 26 (video)
- BiggerPockets Podcast 315: How to Read Human Nature to Succeed in Life with Bestselling Author Robert Greene
- David Greene’s Youtube Channel
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Managing Rental Properties by Heather and Brandon Turner
- Buy It, Rent It, Profit! by Bryan M. Chavis
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- “If people worth 10 million dollars are buying these properties, chances are this is something I should start paying attention to myself.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t have to deprive yourself to be successful, you just have to be smart about the things you chase.” (Tweet This!)
- “Going to college for me would have set me back probably almost a decade.” (Tweet This!)
- “For me, my work is my vacation.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every year there’s a new opportunity out there.” (Tweet This!)
- “Landlording is a skill.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you pick up the phone, you are ahead of 80% of agents out there.” (Tweet This!)