Two years ago, Joe England was just a full-time military guy, dreaming about financial freedom. Now, he’s done over 20 deals and is taking massive action to create an incredible future for himself. On this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we dive deep into Joe’s story and learn how taking massive action has helped him build his portfolio — despite being deployed overseas the majority of the time.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Joe learned about real estate from infomercials and BiggerPockets
- Why he needs power of attorney
- Important books he’s read
- How he started investing while still deployed in Iraq
- How he landed 22 properties in just 10 months
- What exactly a rent-ready property is
- What kind of properties he invests in
- How he finances these deals
- Joe’s end goal and his “why”
- The state of the real estate market in Baltimore
- How to NOT be a slumlord
- How he manages his properties
- His experiences with bad property managers
- How to find properties on the MLS and Zillow
- The strategy of putting an offer on everything he sees
- His advice for the military
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BP Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- BP Podcast 060: From 0 to 68 Rental Units in Just Four Years with Serge Shukhat
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- Landlords: 8 Tips for Hiring the Best Property Manager (blog)
- Investing in American Real Estate While Serving in the US Military (blog)
- BiggerPockets Analysis
- Advertise with BiggerPockets
- BP Podcast 014 : Cash Flow, Creative Finance, and Life with Ben Leybovich
Books Mentioned in this Show
- BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Book on Flipping Houses by J. Scott
- Investing with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- “When doing an offer, if you are not embarrassed by your offer, it’s too high.” (Tweet This!)
- “Real estate is kinda like an accidental pregnancy. At the end of the day, you’ll figure it out.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can measure success by creating new problems.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Joseph