Most people begin their real estate investing with a small single family purchase. Some even start with a duplex or triplex. But today’s guest on the BiggerPockets Podcast skipped the intro phase and jumped right into a 41-unit property early in his 20s! Today, you’ll learn how Jack Baczek used a strategy not before mentioned on the podcast to invest in 41 units, as well as his transition to mobile home park investing (and why that niche ROCKS). Jack’s story is truly inspirational, and you’ll walk away from this interview inspired, entertained, and pumped up to take massive action on your own business!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Jack got started with real estate
- How he stumbled upon what ended up his first deal at age 21
- What exactly a fractured condo is
- How he found his first deal of 21 units
- How he financed this huge deal
- A warning against hiring the wrong property manager
- How having parents who invest in real estate affected him
- Why he sold the 41-unit property
- Why he made the shift to mobile home parks
- What a mobile home park deal looks like
- Reasons to invest in mobile home parks
- The changes he made to the park to make it rent-ready
- Why there’s a bad stigma on mobile parks
- Why Jack fell in love with direct mail marketing
- The downsides of owning a mobile home park
- Where is he now in terms of scaling his business
- What an assignment fee is
- Tips for trying to read the market
- What the next five years look like for Jack
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BP Podcast 111: A Unique (and Profitable) Real Estate Niche You’ve Probably Never Considered with Jefferson Lilly
- BP Podcast 195: Partners, College Town Rentals, & Mobile Home Parks with Rudy Curtler
- BP Podcast 075: Mobile Home Investing and Getting Started With John Fedro 9
- Dreamwork Trolls: Sing With Us
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl
- 30 Days of Successful Due Diligence on Mobile Home Parks by Frank Rolfe & Dave Reynolds
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- “I think having a good market is really important.” (Tweet This!)
- “I think it’s important to really focus on good deals with value add and upside.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you get a mediocre deal, chances are it could go sour. I’d rather try and find something that looks really promising.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jack