Success leaves clues! Rather than trying to figure it all out on your own, why not listen to someone who has been involved with nearly every aspect of real estate for decades? On today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Jay Hinrichs, an investor and hard money lender from Oregon, to learn how he has navigated the real estate market for more than 40 years—and how you can grow your own business from his wisdom!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Jay Hinrichs started when he was 18
- A discussion on whether you should get a license or not
- His first houses in the Bay area
- Why agents are not investing
- What a hard money lender is
- How to be approved by hard money lender
- How Jay became the largest hard money lender in his area
- Why you should consider the BRRRR strategy (and how he’s been doing it for years)
- How to do something nice for somebody (through BiggerPockets)
- Why you should go ask in the Forums
- Tips for finding the right partners
- How to get the “lion’s share“
- The most common question in the Forums
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets New Members Introduction
- Joel Owens’ BP Profile
- Josh’s Twitter Profile
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BiggerPockets Hard Money Lenders (listing)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “When you’re starting out and you don’t have the money, you need to honor the money.” (Tweet This!)
- “Any investor that I bring in a deal always makes more money than I do.” (Tweet This!)
- “I will never retire. I’ll be doing this until I’m not functional. I love what I do.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every market is different. You have to play to the market.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jay