Buildium Property Management Software: BiggerPockets Review
These companies are not responsible for any reviews posted on the website, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews. Reviews should not be relied upon as the sole basis for choosing a financial product. Read our editorial guidelines for reviews.
Available listings are customizable and syndicated on popular, searchable websites, such as Zillow, HotPads, and Trulia
Interested parties can schedule showings online based on your preset calendar availability
Collect data, fees, and e-signatures through Buildium, and manage all applicants in one trackable database
Run credit, criminal, and eviction screenings
Individual portals for tenants and owners streamline communication and provide instant access to information
Leases, updates, notices, e-mails, insurance, and other records are all kept in one place
Tenants can pay security deposits, monthly rent, and late fees online via EFT or credit card
Tenants can post maintenance requests to Buildium for easier tracking and fewer phone calls
Owner payments, vendor bills, and other expenses can be made via EFT
Sync with Happy Inspector so any staff member can perform thorough inspections in the field via their mobile device
Keep track of your overall business income and expenses, run financial reports, and e-file 1099 statements for clients and vendors
A customizable, professional website acts as the launchpad of your Buildium interface
Connect with potential owners to grow business in your area with pay-per-lead advertising through All Property Management.
Users have mixed reviews about Buildium’s user support. Most BiggerPockets forum commenters have found Buildium’s communication to be helpful, including Blake Garcia of Big Sandy, TN, who says, “The support has been great and I honestly wouldn't have needed it if I just read instructions.” Still, a few have felt disappointed, such as Marla B. from Tulsa, OK, who testifies to long hold times for support-related phone calls.
With so many features, there’s bound to be some education needed to fully realize Buildium’s potential. To solve this, they developed Buildium Academy, an online training program that property managers can navigate at their own pace. Buildium Academy walks users through how-to videos and practice quizzes in order to
Starting at $50 per month.
This option is available for landlords or property management companies 150 rental units or fewer. Note that with the Core plan, you’ll pay extra for:
- Incoming payments: $1
- Outgoing payments: $0.50
- Screenings: $15
- Credit card transactions: 2.95 percent
- Business bank account setup: $99
- E-lease documents: $5
- Mobile inspections: $99, plus $40 per month.
Starting at $160 per month.
- Free incoming payments
- Free bank account setups
- Mobile inspections
- 30 free e-lease documents per month.
- Screening: $18
- Outgoing payments: $0.50
- Credit card transactions: 2.95 percent.
Starting at $460 per month.
- Coaching and business development assistance
- Advanced analytics and insights.
Pros and cons
- Comprehensive tools to support an overall property management business model
- Two levels of service—choose the best plan for your needs
- Accessibility from both office and mobile devices
- Easy-to-use training and troubleshooting videos to optimize usage
- Portals for both owners and renters help to consolidate communication
- Monthly fees and per-transaction costs may be too pricey for smaller companies
- Additional costs for some services
What Kind of Investors Should Use Buildium?
Learn More on BiggerPockets:
- How to Become a Landlord: Managing Rental Properties for Real Estate Investors
- What Does a Property Manager Do?
- How to Run a Tenant Background Check