Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
What is something nice I can do for apt residents?

Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Jul 25 2014, 21:49

Have any ideas of what I can provide residents of a large class C apt community? 

I'd like to give them something nice and unexpected. Some parameters I'd like to stay within: 

- no rent concessions

- ideally very inexpensive - $5 or less for each person (if it costs anything at all) 

- minimal coordination and time needed to execute 

I'm trying to brainstorm creative ideas and so far have come up with the following: 

- Note of Gratitude - a personal letter to the resident on a nice card that is handwritten and simply says thank you for being part of the community 

- Portrait of Family Drawn by Artist - go on Fiverr.com and get it done for $5. This is more involved as I'd need a picture of them and that would defeat the "unexpected" angle. I like how it lasts a long time though - something they might treasure.  

- Have a pool party with a local singer (or resident singer who is in band) perform - more involved and doesn't reach all my residents, plus more expensive 

- Give everyone a $1 scratch-off lottery ticket with a nice note 

- Give everyone a cutting board (or something else that helps keep the property looking nice) - if they have a cutting board then they might be less likely to cut on the countertop therefore the counter tops would last longer - found that I can buy them for about $2 a piece 

Any other ideas?? 

Loading replies...