Holiday Mailing Schedule

Holiday Mailing Schedule

Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes

I am approaching my first full year of using direct mail as a marketing tool. Last holiday season I did not mail from Thanksgiving until after New Years. I market to absentee owner, probate, inherited and will start 30,60,90 or NOD soon or right after the holidays. For all of these lists in general I mail to the new people on the list then continue to mail except for absentee owner where I get a new list annually.

I would like to know what others do with their direct mail schedules during the holidays.

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y

I'm a low volume mailer (less than 5000 pieces a year). I always get calls during the Thanksgiving weekend, starting Friday am. Last year I got a call on Christmas Eve. I get a lot of calls on Sunday. If you think about it, some people don't have the time or mental space until they have time off from work, and lots of people don't take full blown vacations during the winter holidays. The slowest time for the phone the past two years has been the two weeks both before and after Labor Day. I think it's the combination of summer vacation followed by back to school/work.

I wouldn't target the holidays as a mailing time, but it doesn't stop my regular mailings.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Gary none of your 5 lists qualify for concern. Besides the type of motivation we look for doesn't go on vacation and certainly not from those groups.

    Typically we don't send on days before a holiday to owner occupieds.

    Christmas
    New years
    Super Bowl Sunday
    Mothers day
    July 4th
    Thanksgiving

    So don't mail after Wednesday of the week before. With that said we witnessed call on Christmas this last year. Btw those 5 days you'll want to cancel and print ad space as well.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I'm a low volume mailer (less than 5000 pieces a year). I always get calls during the Thanksgiving weekend, starting Friday am. Last year I got a call on Christmas Eve. I get a lot of calls on Sunday. If you think about it, some people don't have the time or mental space until they have time off from work, and lots of people don't take full blown vacations during the winter holidays. The slowest time for the phone the past two years has been the two weeks both before and after Labor Day. I think it's the combination of summer vacation followed by back to school/work.

    I wouldn't target the holidays as a mailing time, but it doesn't stop my regular mailings.

  • Wholesaler · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2009 · 412 posts · 183 votes
    13y

    The only holiday I don't mail on or with in a week of is Christmas, though I've gotten calls on Christmas before. I put the mailers together like I'm going to send them out, but wait till the 26th to drop them in the mail.

  • Wholesaler · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by K. Marie Poe:
    I'm a low volume mailer (less than 5000 pieces a year). I always get calls during the Thanksgiving weekend, starting Friday am. Last year I got a call on Christmas Eve. I get a lot of calls on Sunday. If you think about it, some people don't have the time or mental space until they have time off from work, and lots of people don't take full blown vacations during the winter holidays. The slowest time for the phone the past two years has been the two weeks both before and after Labor Day. I think it's the combination of summer vacation followed by back to school/work.
    I wouldn't target the holidays as a mailing time, but it doesn't stop my regular mailings.

    hi k, for 5000 mails a year, do you only hit your list one time?

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Eve W.:
    Originally posted by K. Marie Poe:
    I'm a low volume mailer (less than 5000 pieces a year). I always get calls during the Thanksgiving weekend, starting Friday am. Last year I got a call on Christmas Eve. I get a lot of calls on Sunday. If you think about it, some people don't have the time or mental space until they have time off from work, and lots of people don't take full blown vacations during the winter holidays. The slowest time for the phone the past two years has been the two weeks both before and after Labor Day. I think it's the combination of summer vacation followed by back to school/work.
    I wouldn't target the holidays as a mailing time, but it doesn't stop my regular mailings.

    hi k, for 5000 mails a year, do you only hit your list one time?

    Most of my leads are pretty targeted. I have a few targets that hear from me 3-4 times a year or until sold. Most everyone else hears from once a year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.