BiggerPockets

PHONE # BRANDING

Forum Powered By:

12 posts by 6 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Martin CS

Wholesaler from Allentown, Pennsylvania

Feb 12 '13, 09:53 PM

Hi All,

I am in the process of shopping around for a good easy number to remember eg: 333-3333 , I think these are easier to find than vanity #s (800-sell-now). I picked this up while listening to a webinar on basically calling someone who owns a really easy phone # and pay them a few hundred bucks to buy that phone #.

I currently use google voice but I can't find a simple phone # with my area code. I researched all the internet phone providers (ringcentral,grasshoper) but it looks like they are all very limited in these types of phone #s.

My plan is to hopefully be able to buy one of those #s from someone using this for a landline and use in all my marketing.. I am currently in the process of having my virtual assistant handle all my calls. Are all landline #s able to be routed to a call center? I know this probably depends on the provider and my best bet might be a VOIP service.

My other dilemma I have is whether I should also use this # on my bandit signs. I use a lot of signs for my marketing and been using Google voice to stay low. But I hate having so many phone #s out there and I really want to establish credibility with my company even if it means using the same phone # on all my marketing materials. Not sure about this though.

I would like to hear from the pros how you branded your phone # or perhaps you don't think is all that important. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Justin Morgan Verified

Real Estate Investor from St. George, Utah

Feb 19 '13, 03:26 PM

I went the route of Vanity number and so far... NO COMPLAINTS!!! I get calls from sellers and people tell me... "I'm glad I remembered your number". I got a call yesterday from a guy that told his friend my number because it was easy to remember.

Think of vanity numbers and call and see if the owner is willing to sell... in the long run it is worth a few hundred or few thousand dollars.

I would rather pay $1,000 now then $250 a month for some of the "other vanity options".

Bottom line Vanity works!!! Second best is EASY to remember!!

I am NOT a fan of bandit signs with you "perfect phone number"... for a bandit sign I would go with 333-3333 or something like.

Medium_435sellnowJustin Morgan, 435-SELL-NOW Southern Utah
Telephone: 435-735-5669
Justin Morgan 435-SELL-NOW (735-5669) Southern Utah Home Buyers www.SellNowUtah.com

Martin CS

Feb 19 '13, 06:34 PM

Thanks for your input Justin. Where do you get your vanity # from and is it an 800#? I would prefer a local vanity # but those are probably harder to find.

Rob Gillespie

Real Estate Investor from Fairview Park, Ohio

Feb 19 '13, 07:09 PM

Martin,
I personally use Ring Central and use local numbers to the area that I am investing in. they are trackable and I can see where my marketing dollars are going. Even when I am working with a partner that I am mentoring, I don't want them to use their own number because it is not trackable. To me knowing the number of calls is more important than anything.

I have had vanity numbers in the past, but I really enjoy the look of the "average guy" and not the big bad investment company.

Justin Morgan Verified

Feb 20 '13, 09:17 AM

@Martin CS

I used [REMOVED] for a while and paid the couple hundred a month but I hated building someone else's brand and my area is small and much more connected. Like @Rob Gillespie said... big companies can scare people and I totally agree.

Then I called my local number [REMOVED] and found the owner. I bought the number from them directly. That is the number I use today for radio and direct mail. I prefer to take a call LIVE if at all possible. My area does not like bandit signs at all, so I can not play that game.

My partner has used Ring Central and it is fantastic for tracking your marketing. I'm not that crazy about tracking every marketing dollar, just not my strength but VERY good advise!!!

Edited Feb 24 2013, 12:30 by Moderator

Justin Morgan 435-SELL-NOW (735-5669) Southern Utah Home Buyers www.SellNowUtah.com

Martin CS

Feb 20 '13, 11:59 AM

Good stuff guys! I'll look into Ring central.

Bill G.

Real Estate Investor from Springfield, Missouri

Feb 20 '13, 12:13 PM

A local ambulance chaser uses all 7s, easy to remember even if dazed in an accident I guess.

I didn't go with the full blown vanity number, I got my business number with an area prefix and 9000. But then, I also had people calling for a doctor's appointment or wanting to know about that car advertised or someone wanting customer service at the utility company, having different prefixes complicates the issue.

Gary Parker

Real Estate Investor from Salt Lake City, Utah

Feb 20 '13, 01:44 PM

@Justin Morgan I tried [REMOVED] already taken by a long time local investor. Great idea but I had a feeling. Does anyone have an opinion on say xxx-sell-house? Would the extra letters confuse people?

Edited Feb 24 2013, 12:31 by Moderator

Medium_gary-logo__2_Gary Parker, GaryBuysHouses
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 801-635-4756

Justin Morgan Verified

Feb 20 '13, 02:05 PM

Hey @Gary Parker yes a local SLREIA member does the [REMOVED] and from what I see he is still active...

I love, love, love my vanity number!!! I still have [REMOVED] from my investing days up north, only one letter to long. I have the number, website domains, car magnets, couple thousand flyers and maybe a few more things. If your interested make me an offer? I am certainly not using it down south. I bought the number from another investor 5-6 years ago for thousands of dollars.

Justin

Edited Feb 24 2013, 12:32 by Moderator

Gary Parker

Real Estate Investor from Salt Lake City, Utah

Feb 20 '13, 02:57 PM

@Justin Morgan I know the person that owns the number up here. I think he is quietly killing it because I never hear of him. Ill keep your offer in mind. I just accepted your request. I am very jealous of your success in WARM St. George!

Medium_gary-logo__2_Gary Parker, GaryBuysHouses
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 801-635-4756

Rob Gillespie

Real Estate Investor from Fairview Park, Ohio

Feb 23 '13, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Justin Morgan:
Martin CS

I used [REMOVED] for a while and paid the couple hundred a month but I hated building someone else's brand and my area is small and much more connected. Like Rob Gillespie said... big companies can scare people and I totally agree.

Then I called my local number [REMOVED]and found the owner. I bought the number from them directly. That is the number I use today for radio and direct mail. I prefer to take a call LIVE if at all possible. My area does not like bandit signs at all, so I can not play that game.

My partner has used Ring Central and it is fantastic for tracking your marketing. I'm not that crazy about tracking every marketing dollar, just not my strength but VERY good advise!!!

AWESOME!!! what a great idea to call and buy a number directly. I completely agree that it is dreadful tracking all of the advertising. If I had to do it myself, it would never get done. Luckily I have a full time IT guy that does it for me.

Edited Feb 24 2013, 12:31 by Moderator

This post has been removed.

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums