Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Karl Krentzel
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
If You Are An Agent... Stop Representing Investors!

Karl Krentzel
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Jun 22 2015, 08:17

Okay... This Might Sting A Bit...

Unless I miss my mark, there are probably more than just a few Realtors® in BiggerPockets who are looking to be "Investor Friendly".

My Advice?  Stop.

Why?

The reasons are simple.... by being "Investor Friendly" you many times are setting yourself up for disaster.  Here's what I mean....

Being an "Investor Friendly" Realtor® means that at some point you will have to put yourself in a fiduciary relationship with an Investor.  That sucks. 

Why?  Because then you have to do everything that the Investor wants done!  You have the entire C.A.R.L.O.A.D. of Fiduciary responsibilities as well as the liability... FOR WHAT?

A Teensy bit of commission?  Please.

What's Needed Is A New Kind Of Agent

There will always be agents.  There will always be Realtors®.  Let the other Realtors® in the world, and Agents fight over the scraps that are tossed to them by the Investors and regular consumers in the marketplace.

My suggestion?  Be the Realtor®/Investor who is always "In the Know" about the best deals.  The one who ALWAYS controls them, knows about them, or has access to them before others do.

What this requires is a new work ethic however... 

New Work Ethic For A New Realtor®/Investor

In the not too distant future, Realtors® will be more apt to represent themselves, instead of Investor clients in a transaction.  Why?  Because it takes the guesswork out.

Gone are the days of the Investor "Backing out" of a deal because they were unable to find a buyer.  

Destroyed are the times where you have had to put away your dreams because someone else failed to close.

No more staring at a dwindling bank account because a Investor didn't have vision.

By Agents taking charge, and being agents on their own.. they will have more control over their own income, and their happiness. 

This new "Real Estate Entrepreneur" is on the horizon...  More and more agents like myself are declaring our independence from the traditions of our brokerages and seeking more freedom for ourselves.

Revolutions Aren't Always Easy

Rest assured.  A new generation of agents are reeling from the events of the recent past... Their memories are filled (like mine) with the greed of banks, the greed of homeowners, and all of our incomes being held hostage to the desires of others.

I'm not saying to be unkind, nor to STOP working with them at ANY time... I'm saying... change the script!  Stop being the weak, willing, always giving "agent" in the equation.

Be the Principal.

Listen, it will not be long before these Investing Agents significantly change the landscape of the Real Estate Market as you know it. 

And when it does... remember where you heard it first!

Have A Powerful Sales Day! 

Loading replies...