Buying & Selling Real Estate Forum

Looking to buy my first house in SC
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Looking to buy my first house in SC

Hi I need help what to look for so it would be good for short term rentals. I travel for my work 9 months out of the year. I qualify for a $250,000 first home. Need coaching! Westminister, Clemson area South Carolina. Need Realtor the area that has Short Term Rental knowledge please. Thank you! N...

Looking for a good Home Inspector
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Cleveland, Ohio
Looking for a good Home Inspector

Buying a duplex and want to see who everyone recommends for home inspections. I'd like a sewer camera inspection as well. please tell me you recommendations.

Buying Below Market + Refinancing Immediately — Anyone Doing This Without Rehab?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Salt Lake City, Utah
Buying Below Market + Refinancing Immediately — Anyone Doing This Without Rehab?

I’ve been buying properties at auction, usually well below market value, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to scale without tying up all my cash in each property. I’m NOT looking to do fix-and-flips or major rehabs. The strategy I’m looking at is basically: Buy a property significantly be...

Grocapitus - Anyone have experience with them?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Grocapitus - Anyone have experience with them?

Hello, Has anyone worked with Grocapitus and were their revenue estimates accurate? Any comments on things worked out? I tried searching the forum expecting to find something but was having trouble. Please PM if you've worked with them. Thanks in advance, Ryan

BHow To Get Started In Real Estate Investing
Buying & Selling Real Estate
BHow To Get Started In Real Estate Investing

One of the first things to do to overcome all of the barriers to real estate investing, is to decide what kind of investor you want to be. Simple eh? Decide if you want to do "Fix & Flips", Foreclosures, Rentals (Buy and Hold), Notes, "Subject To" - my favorite, "Quick Cash" - another of my favor...

2 votes0 Replies
Seeking Interested People In Buying USA Properties
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Seeking Interested People In Buying USA Properties

Hi, I hope we're all doing well. I'm looking to connect with real estate investors who buy properties to renovate and resell in different areas across the United States. I'm interested in learning about the types of properties you're looking for and your buying criteria. If you're open to connect...

0 votes0 Replies
Who has recently invested in this city? And what can you comment on
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown Metro
Who has recently invested in this city? And what can you comment on

I am considering investing in POUKEEPSIE area in a few months, what can you currently say about the area? How are your properties doing if you invested in the city, is the crime or the area getting better?

0 votes0 Replies
Philadelphia Mortgage Sheriff Sales – What Should Investors Watch Out For?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Mortgage Sheriff Sales – What Should Investors Watch Out For?

Hi everyone, I’m a European investor using a U.S. LLC and Im looking into Philadelphia mortgage foreclosure Sheriff Sales. I’d really appreciate advice from anyone with first-hand experience. My main questions are: If the mortgage debt is $150,000 but the property sells for $60,000, what happens ...

What we're seeing in the Allentown market this fall
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Allentown, Pennsylvania
What we're seeing in the Allentown market this fall

Curious what other investors and agents around the Lehigh Valley are running into lately, so figured I'd share what we've been seeing on our end. Things are still moving fast. Median's around $280K, up almost 6% from last year, and a lot of listings are going under contract in about 10 days. Mult...

0 votes0 Replies
Where to buy/sell SFR portfolios?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Where to buy/sell SFR portfolios?

What are the best sites, groups, strategies, etc. to buy and sell single-family rental (SFR) portfolios? I'm looking to cash out of a few portfolios I own and looking to buy more. Not looking for single property retail deals via zillow or realtor.com.

Financing a 4/2 split / closing first deal
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Lexington, Kentucky
Financing a 4/2 split / closing first deal

Hi guys, I've found a 4/2 duplex with 1 car garage on both sides. An older gentleman is selling due to health. It's rented out for $1,000 on one side (recently renovated) and $750 on the other (not renovated). Hes asking 279k. I believe I could get it for $230k and rent both sides for $1,100 comf...

1031 Exchange company in Sacramento
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Sacramento, California
1031 Exchange company in Sacramento

Hi everyone! 👋 I’m looking for recommendations for a reliable company or qualified professional to help with a 1031 exchange. If you’ve recently completed a 1031 exchange or have had a good experience with a company that specializes in this process, I’d really appreciate your recommendations and ...

TURNKEY INVESTING search!
Buying & Selling Real Estate
TURNKEY INVESTING search!

I’m interested in investing in a turnkey property. What are some great markets that would be a great place to invest? any great companies that would provide the property and property management? anyone have experience with turnkeyinvest.com?

Has anyone successfully lowered the appraised value with ROV
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Columbia, SC Metro
Has anyone successfully lowered the appraised value with ROV

Has anyone here successfully done an ROV on an appraisal for a DSCR purchase where you intentionally tried to get the appraised value to be lower than what the appraiser came up with? I am under contract on a property and the appraiser used sales and rental comps that are in a different neighborh...

Phoenix metro investors — how are you underwriting Surprise / West Valley / Casa Gran
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Phoenix metro investors — how are you underwriting Surprise / West Valley / Casa Gran

Curious how other Phoenix-metro investors are underwriting right now, especially Surprise / West Valley vs Casa Grande / Pinal fringe. What I’m seeing locally: - List price still looks “cheap” vs California — until you bake in taxes, insurance, HOA (if any), and peak summer cooling. - Submarkets ...

What’s the best negotiating move you’ve used to get a seller to come down on price?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Worcester, Massachusetts
What’s the best negotiating move you’ve used to get a seller to come down on price?

I’ve had success offering a longer closing timeline to help sellers coordinate their 1031 exchange. Giving them that flexibility made them more willing to work with me on price. Sometimes the best leverage is figuring out what the seller actually needs. What’s worked for you—repair credits, a cas...

What Does Your Rental Strategy Leave the Next Buyer?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Baltimore, Maryland
What Does Your Rental Strategy Leave the Next Buyer?

When I evaluate a rental strategy, I want to understand two transactions: how the property earns income while we own it, and what we are asking the next buyer to purchase. Those decisions are connected. An owner may optimize a property for long-term rentals, furnished housing, or co-living. Each ...

The U.S. Investor’s Guide to Dubai Real Estate: What I Wish More Investors Knew
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The U.S. Investor’s Guide to Dubai Real Estate: What I Wish More Investors Knew

If you’ve spent any time investing in U.S. real estate, you probably know the drill. Find the right market, run the numbers, evaluate the rental demand, account for expenses, and make sure the deal still makes sense when you take the optimistic assumptions out of the equation. But what happens wh...

Industrial loft conversion funder meeting question
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Industrial loft conversion funder meeting question

I’m currently putting together a deal to buy an old industrial building and convert it to four loft apartments. It’s going to require some capital to make it happen, and the architect I found for the project collaborated with me on a budget of 1.1 million dollars in cap ex. I’m planning to move i...

Small Commercial Property Question
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Small Commercial Property Question

I have the option to buy a commercial property currently as a seller finance transaction for 36 months. $200k purchase price, $1,650 monthly payment ($1,500 principle + $150 interest) with 10% down for 36 months. At the end of the 36 months I will owe the seller $126,000 lump sum to fulfill the a...

Open to advise
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Chicago, Illinois
Open to advise

I’m interested in purchasing an investment property in Calumet City, Illinois. The property is a three-bedroom, one-bathroom single-family home that appears to need only minor repairs. It is currently occupied by a Section 8 tenant, and according to the owner, the property is up to code. The owne...

The Differences Between Conventional Buying & Investing
Buying & Selling Real Estate
The Differences Between Conventional Buying & Investing

There is a difference between buying a single house to live in versus buying multiple houses as investments. Here is a guide on the outcomes and you can see that over time, the investment process far outweighs the traditional buying the single house using a bank concept, where most of the money a...

Identifying cash buyers
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Seattle, Washington
Identifying cash buyers

I am selling a house through probate and I receive various requests from interested buyers. However, these seem to be hit or miss. How do I send out a notice to Seattle area buyers with a brief description of the property and the terms I am looking for? For example, I am not looking for a wholesa...

SFR with a 20-year NNN lease where you hold title. Has anyone seen this?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
SFR with a 20-year NNN lease where you hold title. Has anyone seen this?

Hi all, I'm posting to get honest feedback from experienced investors. A lot of investors I talk to are in the same spot. They're tired of active landlording (tenants, repairs, turnover), but they don't love the trade-offs of passive vehicles like DSTs, where you hold a beneficial interest instea...

Poll
What do I need to do to get my money back?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
What do I need to do to get my money back?

I purchased a home from Wright LLC, and Gary McNally handled the title work and closing. After the purchase, the owners of the adjoining property had a survey completed, which revealed that part of my house sits on their land. I then obtained my own survey, which confirmed the encroachment. When ...